Sunday, August 9, 2009

Selfish Sundays: Me Time

I have never been one who was obessessed with "me time."

All through college I was constantly with people and my idea of "getting away" was just to switch the group of people I was hanging out with for a short period of time. My over scheduled life plus dorm room and sorority house living didn't exactly lend it self to time with one's self.

But now the tides are turning...

Exihibit A: Two Friday nights ago

In lieu of going out with the crew, I decided to take advantage of Yankee Manfriend being out of the house by having a date with the dog, some chinese food, wine, and a girl double feature. It felt amazing.

Exhibit B: Last night Thursday Night

Though I was tempted with a trip to Blu with the coworkers, a dinner and a movie date with Ms. Symm, and a movie date with Y.M. I decided to put myself first and stick to my original plan for the evening: Be in my pjs and in the bed by 7pm...with a Big Mac and apple pie...and watching the Wedding Planner.

And you know what...I feel much more sane because of it. :-)

0 comments: